Sunday, March 25, 2012

KOA Lincoln City

Friday, March 23, 2012

I took off from Portland by 4:00pm and made it to the Lincoln City KOA before 7:00pm. The road was filled with mini vans and campers, full of families or groups of friends. Maybe it was because it was the start of spring break, but everyone was pretty courteous and safe on the road for a change. I cranked Dixie Chicks, Poison and the Moulin Rouge soundtrack and sang very loudly, in my horrible allergy-afflicted voice all the way there!  Hmm... maybe this is why I always travel alone?





The KOA is a very basic campground, light on amenities. It has a playground and shed that doubles as a game room.  There is a fairly well-stocked camp store and a large field with a volleyball net and space for kids to play. This weekend, it is so cold that there are is no one tenting, a few large rvs parked in long, thin sites and those of us who are using the ten kabins. You do not have any privacy in the kabins.  Let's just say that I could tell that the guys in the cabin next to me were playing an RPG and were watching Battlestar Gallactica on their computer!  





The kabin and the restrooms were clean but the water was only hot for my evening shower - not in the morning when many were showering.   It was perfect for my needs though... a place to sleep so that I could go to the beach and go hiking around new trails. I would have preferred the kabin to have more heat though. The first night it was freezing.  I couldn't even read because my hands were too cold outside of the sleeping bag by 9:00pm!  Of course, my Reynaud's probably has a little to do with that, but still! The second night was better, but certainly not comfortable. I think it was because I left that little heater going all day while I was gone and the wind had died down quite a bit. If I go again, I'll bring the little space heater that I use in my classroom to keep warm when the heat is turned off!  The kabin was only $40 per night, so I can't complain.  There's no other way for me to go to the beach so cheaply.  Not until I get a vehicle that I can camp in, of course!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment