Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lincoln City Beach Walk

Saturday, March 24, 2012

It was a chilly, cloudy day on the Oregon Coast... perfect for walking a few miles on the sand! I grew up on the East Coast, visiting the beaches in Virginia, North Carolina, etc... Although they are beautiful, I never loved going there. I much prefer the grey, cloudy skies to the too bright, too hot skies of the beaches I remember from my childhood.  Winter and early spring are my favorite times on the Oregon Coast.




















I love looking at all the beach houses while I walk.  I had to laugh out loud when I saw
this one.  I'm guessing that someone short needs to access those stairs!  I walked over and I couldn't get up to those stairs unless I had a boost, had something to step on or used that ladder!  Great way to keep beach zombies from your house too!






The beaches in the Lincoln City area are filled with driftwood.  There were so many interesting and beautiful pieces on the beaches today.  I couldn't resist taking a few pics.  The pictures don't do either of them justice but this first one was like an ocean-made love seat.  It was a shame that it was empty and not occupied by a couple, snuggled in for a bit of sea watching.  It made me a little lonely.







This second piece was so interesting.  I couldn't help musing over how it came to rest here on this beach, where it came from, what forces tossed, gnarled and polished it... I just thought it showcased the strength, flexibility and beauty of the wood in such an interesting way.



This piece was the most fascinating for me.  It was once a young, strong, tall tree living in a field or forest and now it has fallen, been removed from it's home, tossed and battered, split open and burnt.  And yet it is still beautiful, strong and useful.  It's a survivor.

No comments:

Post a Comment